[vdr] Re: Announce: DVBVideoLAN

Am Son, 2002-06-23 um 18.17 schrieb Gerald Raaf:
> Hi,
>
> i've tested it with mplayer, on the same machine as VDR it works perfect. the
> problem i got is when i'll test it on another machine
> with the same mplayer version, i got a socket read error and mplayer stops.
> Have anybody an idea how to solve this problem?
I didn't test very much with mplayer, but you should try to start
mplayer immediately after you started the streaming. In that case,
mplayer get's the stream from it's beginning and should work (at least
on my system). The same problem exists for my windows player. I solved
that by just restarting the rendering after a max. of 1 second (that's
why it's flickering in the title). I don't know a proper solution for
that behaviour yet).

best regards,
	markus

> regards
> Gerald
>
> Markus Winkler schrieb:

> > > yes.
> > ok, i think my answer was a little short :-)
> >
> > use mplayer like this:
> > mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
> > for the first stream,
> > 224.0.1.3-5 for the 2. to 4. stream