[vdr] Re: Re :Patch: xawtv could control vdr ;-))

Andreas Roedl wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Am Samstag, 29. Juni 2002 12:34 schrieb Patrick GUENEAU:
>
> Do you have one of those keyboards?
>
>   http://lineak.sourceforge.net/index.php?nav=keyboards
>
> This is your friend:
>
>   http://lineak.sourceforge.net/
>
> Andi

Thanks Andi for this link. I will have a look.

Actually, i have found a simple way to handle Extended keyboards :

Using xev I find keycode for the keys I want to add.
Then using xmodmap I define mapping between these keys and what is
defined by XFree (see /usr/X11R6/lib/XKeysymDB) :
for instance in $HOME/.xmodmap :

keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 164 = XF86AudioStop
keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 222 = XF86PowerDown

And finally, I define the new mapping using Xawtv.ad.
This can also be used for other X11 apps as XF86xxx keysyms are defined
by XFree86.

Patrick.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index