[vdr] Scipts to convert to divx ;-)

Hello all on this great list ;-))

Quiete of no use, but here my little script to convert to divx in 3
pass, just start it without arg, then it tells you the suggested
bitsrate to fit on 3 different CD sizes, and then restart it with the
bitsrate

--- begin of MENCODER ---

#!/bin/tcsh

if ($1) then

	cat 00*.vdr | mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate="$1":vhq:vpass=1 -oac copy -sws 2 -o output.avi -

	cat 00*.vdr | mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate="$1":vhq:vpass=2 -oac copy -sws 2 -o output.avi -

else

	cat 00*.vdr | mencoder -ovc frameno -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=192:q=0 -o frameno.avi -

endif

--- end of MENCODER ---

It is really basic: if anyone has better args to give to mencoder, I am
interested...

I have converted quiete all the movie I recorded that way without any
problem, for some other, mencoder segfault or didn't recognize it as a
mpeg files...

I have tried to use cPVAS.exe (from pvastrumento 2.0.8 don't know if
other versions exist or are better) from wine, but I got a GL problem (I
thougt it was supposed to be a commandline version) and the website I
download it from didn't give args on how to use it...

	Greg
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index