[vdr] Re: Cutting-tool for VDR-recordings

Am Don, 2002-07-04 um 18.50 schrieb Matthias Schniedermeyer:
> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Rene Bartsch wrote:

> > > Dumping frames is only used for finding the cutting-marks.

> > > VDR-index file is used for cutting. Via the Index-file the I-Frame is
> > > copied out of the XXX.vdr-files, then the first-frame of that file is
> > > dumped and displayed via xli.
> > >
> > > If mark is "good" you can save the mark.
> > >
> > > If ready then you call "cutall" and all recording-dirs are scanned for
> > > "cut"-mark-files. Then this mark-files are processed.
> > > "processing" ist plain simple. Just copy from start-offset until
> > > end-offset into a new file.

> > > This is a bit complicated. As nobody has EVER asked me how, i've never
> > > made that system "general" useable. All Scripts are currently hardcoded
> > > for my environment.
> > >

> > So, it's no real solution to play, forward, rewind, pause, set marks and
> > cut with sound?
>
> It is only for cutting. Sound is irrelevant for finding cutting-marks.

I don't think sound is irrelevant for cutting. Sometimes the picture is
changing while someone is speaking or music is still running.

But I think there is interest for your cutting tool. Could you do a
version which can be easily set up? Maybe one configuration-file for
path, etc. with comments?

> The movie isn't "played" for finding the marks. You have "current" index
> and the buttons for jumping forward/backwards. The picture for the
> current index is shown.
>
>  -10m -5m -2m -1m -30s -15s -4s -2s P.I. N.I. +2s +4s +15s +30s +1m +2m +5m +10m +23m +44m +5h
>
> This is VERY efficient (e.g. "+23m" is the length of short series.
> "+44m" is for "normal" length series). You only need a few seconds to
> find each cutting-mark.
>
> e.g. Cutting a "normal" length series on Premiere (I don't record FreeTV)
> <select recording>
> +10m (The marginstart i use)
> +/- a few seconds
> mark
> +44m
> +/- a few seconds
> mark
> ready to cut.
>
> or. Cutting a movie
> <select recording>
> +10m
> +/- a few seconds
> mark
> +5h (Jump to the end)
> -10m (The marginstop i use)
> -5m ("Normal" time too much on premiere)
> +/- a few minutes/seconds
> mark
>

> This only takes a few seconds for each recording.
>
> I use the method for nearly 2 years now. The only "problematic" channel
> is VIVA/M-TV. Here i use another strategy. I replay the recording via
> VDR and everytime when there is an interesting clip i stop the replay
> and save the "resume.vdr". After i'm through with the recording i have
> offsets which i only have to make more precise.
>

> Bis denn
>
> --
> Real Programmers consider "what you see is what you get" to be just as
> bad a concept in Text Editors as it is in women. No, the Real Programmer
> wants a "you asked for it, you got it" text editor -- complicated,
> cryptic, powerful, unforgiving, dangerous.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index