[vdr] Still no recording possible

Hello again,

A week ago I reported having problems recording with my Haupauge DVB-S
Card. Yesterday I finally found the time to do a complete
reinstallation. I removed the old DVB driver-modules, the /dev/ost
directory and installed a freshly compiled DVB driver and a vdr-1.0.4
with the current AIO patch (not 04.07.).

Unfortunately my system is still reporting that it doesn't find a free
DVB-device for recording (immediately after booting). Can anybody tell
me how locking takes place which devices/files get marked. Or is there
even some kind of hardware locking (i.e. the card is hard-locked
(reboot-resitant) and refuses to do any further recording).

Could anybody could give me a hint on the causal dependencies of locking
in vdr?

Thanks,

    Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index