[vdr] Re: Messages from lircd

Hi Mario,

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Mario Dilleni wrote:
> looking through /var/log/messages I found lots oft lines like this:
> lirc_serial: AIEEEE: your clock just jumped backwards
This sounds to me if you have a clock correction programm running which
changes the system time again and again. But it's only a guess, I don't really
know what's wrong.

> I replaced my old ir receiver by a new one with longer serial cable shortly
> before, so perhaps this could be a problem of a cable which is too long
I'm using the mass of 25 (twenty-five) meters (just don't cut cables, cutted
cables are always too short ;-) ) thin cable between the IR detector and the
serial port with the rest of the electronics. No problems with that length.

Best regards,
  _cooper_
 LinVDR - The Digital Linux Videorecorder               http://www.linvdr.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index