[vdr] AC3 problem

Hi list,

I try to send AC3-data with a Leadtek Winfast 6xSound to my receiver,
but I've no success.

I installed alsa driver beta10, lib beta9 and utils beta9 (as
recommended by Carsten Koch in his howto) (btw: I use suse 7.3). I've
connected the digital
output of the DVB-card with an input of the sound card. That works well,
I hear the normal PCM sound of the sound card.

But now the problem: ac3-playback. I downloaded a trailer with ac3-data
and extracted the ac3 from the vob with extract_ac3. If I try to play
this file with ac3dec (cat ac3test.ac3 | ac3dec -C), I get:

Using PCM device 'iec958:AES0=0x2,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2'
AC3 Stream 48.0 KHz 448 kbps

The PCM sound is muted, but I hear no ac3 sound. My receiver gets no
stream. If I press ctrl+c I get:

Aborted...
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:278:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed:
Input/output error

There is no entry in the logs. I have unmuted all entrys starting with
IEC958 in alsamixer.

I also tried latest alsa rc1/2 driver, but only the same result.

Could someone who uses a 6xSound please mail me his mixer-settings and
which driver he uses?

Any hints where I might have made a mistake?

Many thanks,
  Ansgar.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index