[vdr] Re : VDR files to vob

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Patrick GUENEAU wrote:
> >
> > Hi Antonio,
> >
> > Antonino Sergi wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Patrick,
> > >
> > > Isn't it possible to get a PS stream from vdr and avoid remux? I read on
> > > linuxdvb.tv that some old version of the driver provided this option, but I
> > > do not know the version number.
> > >

> > As I said before, the main issue is that VDR generates garbage at the
> > beginning of the first file.
>
> Can you be more specific what exactly this garbage is?
> I'd like to avoid that, if possible...

Sorry Klaus if you misunderstood what I was meaning (maybe garbage was
not the right word in english).

The first few seconds of Video are sometimes without synced audio. Audio
is missing or you can here distorted sounds.
It may be related to my Aston CAM with which the driver has deal before
having a stable video+audio information.
(I mostly record encrypted films from Canal+)

That's why I was recommanding skipping the first few seconds ; I also
had problems with mplex to convert to VOBs the recordings if they had no
been cut in VDR before.

I don't see this as a problem or a bug with VDR but (if it is only
related to CAM) rather a bug with DVB driver and CAM handling.

Regards,
Patrick Gueneau

Home | Main Index | Thread Index