[vdr] Re: Scipts to convert to divx ;-)

Gregoire Favre wrote:

>Any other comment/suggestion are welcome ;-))
>
>	Greg

Hi,
one thing I forgot, but which is really important:
the resolution of the video should always be a multiple of 16, otherwise
problems with the encoder, decoder or the video output of the
player are possible. Even if  you don't encounter any problems, I think
it's better to be on the safe side in case you want to play back your
file on
some other player or give it someone else.

It's very likely you won't get the proper size when you just crop the black
borders, so you could check in the script if the resolution can be divided
by 16 and crop a little bit more if it doesn't match.

Or you could calculate the aspect ratio of the cropped video and then
scale to a "good" horizontal resolution like 640 and calculate the
vertical resolution from that and the aspect ratio and then simply round
it to the next multiple of 16. The difference in the aspect ratio
shouldn't be noticeable...

bye,
Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index