[vdr] Re: Master-Timer 0.5.10

Thanks for implementing the all the new features!

> - [un]donefromvdr.pl
>   Put VDR-Timers directly into the done-list (See LIESMICH)
>   (Thanks to Guido Fiala for the suggestion)

I tested it and it worked - but IMHO not as expected, at least as i thought
it should work ;-)
It asks for each timer and put's it into done - so far so good, but it would
be great if it removes the timers marked as "done" also directly from vdr, at
least with an extra option.

The idea was, to have a kind of a growing blacklist, things i want not to be
recorded, not even once and the first time :-)

So i would have guessed, that run-mt could as well ask for each timer
_before_ transmitting it to vdr, that would be equal to above. Of course that
would be while "run-mt --interactive" only ;-)

Is there a need for the difference between blacklist and done? I would think,
that the blacklist gives much better possibilites to get rid of crap.
Also - it would be IMHO better to have only one place for disallowing a timer
and another place for allowing a timer (reason: if you want to reallow you
are sure if you edit only one file).
There are different concepts in use for other programs compare ipchains/squid
etc. accept/deny rules.
Sometimes deny has prio, sometimes accept ?! What is the better way?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index