[vdr] Bad recording quality

Hi!

I got my vdr working somehow yesterday. I'm using only Nova-T card. So
there is no video out. (at the moment) And I use DEBUG_OSD and keyboard as
remote to control vdr over ssh.

When I used dvbtune to tune the channels I notised that alls channels had
signal strength and SNR as zero. Dvbtune was version 0.3.

After tuning the vdr worked, it found the epg data for channels. And when
I recorded something, it actually recorded it.
But the problem is that the video is not smooth. Well it's smooth for
about 1 sec then it pauses for a moment and then continues again some time
normally. The picture is quite good, not too many compression artifacts.
Or signs of loss of signal.

But could the signal be to weak or something?
Or do I have a bottleneck in my HD?
Or does vdr try to show the video somehow allthough there is no hardware?
(my cpu is only P166)

  Marko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index