[vdr] Sigma Designs Netstream 2000 and vdr.

Hi,

I am very interested in the vdr project and have spent the last few
months trying to find a company in Germany that is willing to sell me a
full feature DVBs card here in New Zealand, without success.

The Hauppauge website in the UK, http://www.hauppauge.co.uk (my only
other potential source), shows that the Nexus card available there, no
longer has any external video output connectors on it.

As an alternative, I was wondering if anyone has had any success using
the Sigma Designs Netstream 2000 card in conjunction with a budget Nova
card?

The Netstream, http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/netstream2000.htm
seems to be a card capable of high quality video and audio output and
has some Linux support. The FAQ
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/support/faq_linux.htm
also mentions an OSD overlay on the TV outputs, which Hollywood/DXR3
cards lack.

Any information gratefully received.

Regards,

Richard Scobie