[vdr] Re: I have a dream ;-)

> Hi all,

Hi,

> My "dream" is to create a station able to:
> 1 - Make VDR
> 2 - Play DVD, VCD, DIVX, blah, blah, and the recorded video from the VDR
> menu but using the DXR3 TV-OUT (to enable time shifting).
>
> Any idea about how to realize step 2?

You won't be able to play DIVX through the TV-out of you DXR3 card,
because your machine is to weak. It has to encode DIVX to a MPEG-2 stream
realtime. The minimum processor for this purpose is, as far as I remember,
a PIII-800 or Athlon or a Duron 1GHz.

Sorry, I can't say anything about how to use DXR3 as primary watching
device, but I would be interested in a solution, too.

Bye,

   Gernot

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index