[vdr] Re: vdr2divx: error -No libavcodec codec specified! It's required!

> Sorry, I can't remember which bitrate mencoder used, but I can check that
> within the next few days. But probably I did something wrong in the
> config-file... What's the difference between AVI and DIVX? I thought DIVX
> was a kind of AVI-codec?!?

Looks okay so far !
If this problem persists and we do not find anything useful in 2divx/mencoder
output then i will copy your config to mine and try to reproduce the problem
- however we need to know the length of you source video !

divx / avi Only means the suffix of the filename: your_encoded_file.avi versus
your_encoded_file.divx ! The File itself is 100% identical !
This was a request from someone on vdr forum !

Basically mencoder always produces AVI (as container) with DivX as video
codec!

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index