[vdr] Re: AW: OT: Anyone having a PIONEER DVR-A04 working withlinux?

Am Mon, 2002-07-22 um 17.29 schrieb Axel Gruber:
> > THATS would be a good reason for integrating my A04 into the vdrbox
> Yes -  But only if itīs possible to create "real Video DVDīs"
>
> If there are now tools out to create "real Video-DVDīs" with Linux
> i will sell my A03 and buy a A04 - but as i know there is
> still no DVD-Authoring-Software out for Linux (as i know)

If someone ports transcodes muxer to remux.c we could directly record
into VOB. Then you could simply run a Windows-proggie with wine to edit
menu, navigation and IFOs.

But a guy on the transcode-ML has already sent first initial
authoring-patches to the author of mkisofs.

> >> So I was trying to get
> >> packet-writing work with my PIONEER DVR-A03, but as it doesn't support
> >> formatting by firmware, cdrtools for packet-writing can't
> >> initialize the
> >> CD/DVD-R(W).
>
> As i know all VideoDVDīs are using Packet-Writing !?

NO, They use UDF as file-system (some older ISO9660). But you could put
any file-system on a disc with packet-writing. It's a way to get the
files on the fly on a disc as it uses the disc like a generic disc.

So it would be possible to simply copy the audio_ts- or video_ts-directory
on a UDF-formatted disk by a browser or cp-command.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index