[vdr] Re: Necessity of Emergency Exits...

On Montag, 22. Juli 2002 21:36, you wrote:
> Martin Hoffmann wrote:
>
> > So, all we nee is to implement a check for snr values>0 before restarting
> > in case the videostream is broken !?
>
> I don't think this will always work.
> One of the many possible problems with that is, that snr
> is not implemented for all card types.
>
> I like the watchdog feature as it is.
> I would not touch it unless there is an improvement
> without any risks.

Why not solve this with recording priorities?
When a recorded videostream is broken, a emergency exit is called only when
there is no recording with higher priority at the moment.

This would prevent important recordings to be broken by unimportant ones.

mfG.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gebel                                   _._     _,-'""`-._
andreas@xcapenet.de   Tel: 0345/6782511        (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index