[vdr] Re: ] Re: new version of the image viewer

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 16:03, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> are you the guy on #linuxdvb right?
No, not until I've found out, how this IRC thingi works ;-)

> > Although some images can't be displayed
> I'm interested in this: which images? which format etc.
vdr is busy right now, I'm trying DvbPic tomorrow again. One image that
can't be displayed ("Encoder not initialized", DvbPic segfaults) is a
1024x768,24bpp JPEG. I'll send it to you if you want.

> the main problem is not generally the encoding, which shouldn't take so
> much time, but the resizing of the image. I'll have to work on that.
> Which resolution are the original images you wanna display?
I've tried 1024x768 and 1280x960. The large ones come from the digicam
and are 800-1100K big. But I'll scale them down by hand to 1024x768
anyway so I could live with this resolution.

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1