[vdr] Re: Performance needs for timeshift with budget card

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> With a full-featured DVB-X you directly demand a AV_PES-/PES- or
> PS-stream from the card, which is done by firmware/ARM. That stream can
> directly be sent to the other card.
>
> A low budget delivers a TS and you have to handle the format by driver
> or userland-software (VDR extracts the PES-packets from TS in remux.c).

Thanks for the explanation. Now I know there is a difference, I'll find
out soon how much this is in measures of CPU power.

> But as I want to build a IBM/Cyrix 233 MHz VDR for my parents, I'm
> interested in your results. Please post if a 586/200 MHz has enough
> power ...

I definitely will, but don't expect this to happen within the next two
weeks.

Wolfgang

Home | Main Index | Thread Index