[vdr] Basic question

Hi,

After using vdr on the job for quite a while my b/f and me are thinking
about getting a dish and
card for our own home.  Which is in Germany, btw.

I'd like to know
a) we can only mount the dish on a slightly retired balcony facing east
with a good view (hillside), is this feasible?

b) what size and kind of dish do we need? which is cheapest?

c)what card can you recommend? Again, money is mighty tight. Would a
decoder box be better, since we need to get the stuff on TV? TV out
connector is available, though. Well, what I'd really like is getting the
stuff on screen for normal viewing easily. (b/f is no linux crack) and be
able to record it with vdr (new toy).

d) have I forgotten anything? We do have an electrical engineer friend who
can mount the disk correctly and lay the cables inside.
  I hope he can get us a used dish, too.

Sabine

Home | Main Index | Thread Index