[vdr] Re: Basic question

> > with a good view (hillside), is this feasible?
>
> It depends. I assume you want Astra 19.2E?
> The dish has to have an unblocked "view" to the satellite,
> which is almost straight south (19.2 degrees east of the
> straight south line) at an inclination (up) angle that
> depends on where you are. If you have an unblocked view
> into that direction (from the righthand side balcony railing)
> it might work.

There is a common error related to spherical geometry:

If a satellite is at 13E (like Eutelsat) it is (almost)
exactly south looking from Berlin (13E 52N). It's a little east of
south looking from Munich (11E 48N) or Hamburg (10E 53N) and a
little west of south looking from Vienna (16E 48N).

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index