[vdr] Re: SV: SV: SV: Re: arm crash

PPL are using vdr with CA modules.
Yes, the card is sensitive to the additional heat coming
from the modules.
BUT your problems are uncharacteristic to the setup.
I use an Irdeto module with a Siemens DVB-C.
I never had any problems.
Now I own a second card that is more sensitive:
I do get picture artefacts if I close the housing or
temperature exceeds 35 degrees Celsius.
I mounted a tiny fan to ensure proper air circulation and
everything is fine. Even when I silence (i.e. slow down)
the fan by reducing voltage to 7V.

I NEVER had any arm crashes due to heat.

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index