[vdr] Re: OSD plugin - SetWindow cmd

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Maxime GUILBOT wrote:

>>>I take it you want to display an OSD page that has been set up with window
>>>and color definitions all of your own, right? I'm afraid that's currently
>>>not possible, because your plugin gets started out of the Main menu, and at
>>>that time the OSD has already been set up.
>>>
>>So I try cOsd::Close(); but a segfault occur next...
>>The only thing to do is to close the osd and open a new...
>>

>A plugin must not try to close the OSD in its MainMenuAction function.
>Please read PLUGINS.html to see how this is supposed to work.
>
>>Or, is it possible to react on keys without creating a menu or a player
>>(the pb with the player is black screen)
>>

>You must return the proper object from the call to MainMenuAction, as described
>in PLUGINS.html.
>
>>Another thing completly out :
>>

>So why didn't you start a new thread for this? ;-)
>
>>I think that vdr is calling SetWindow
>>(command no 20) too often maybe 20 times)
>>I see it logging the Cmd command, in vdr 1.0.x, there was only 1 or 2
>>call to the SetWindow cmd.
>>

>Is there a problem with this? Can you suggest a modification?
>
>Klaus

There is no problem at all around this, it work,  I do not suggest any
modification because vdr use perfectly osd feature !

I read Plugins.htm (great work and very useful), it's said to use
OpenRaw(x,y); , but it's only possible to use it when osd is free, with
cPlayer, it works!

To react with the keys, it's explained in Plugins.htm to use cControl
and cPlayer but my problem was that the screen is black when using
cPlayer even with hidden=true...

Thank you for you fast reaction !
Maxime

Home | Main Index | Thread Index