[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.4 available (plugin development)

On 01 Sep 2002 Dariush Forouher <dariush@forouher.de> wrote:

> Really nice work, three problems though:
> - a patched mplayer segfaults if it recieves the mute command (I use
> gcc-3.1, i'll try it with 2.95 later)

Are you sure that the segfault is related to the patch? You could
try with an unpatched mplayer. Beside the progressbar, all things
should work.

> - mplayer stays sometimes in the background if I leave the plugin and
> then vdr acts strange (no sound, black screen on other channels)

By "leaving the plugin" does you mean, you press "blue" or
"back"? Did you see messages on the console that say that mplayer
has received a signal? What are the last console messages?

> - the communication with vdr and mplayer has a problem. I see the output
> of mplayer on the console and the plugin doesn't react on kOk or kRed.
> (Other Keys work)

This indicates the plugin doesn't gets progress information from
mplayer. Sure that you are using the patched version?

> Another thing: If progressbar and volumebar work well, the mplayer-osd
> would become obsolete and should be disabled automatically.

If this can be done with a commandline option from mplayer, you
can add this option to mplayer.sh

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan