[vdr] Re: mplayer and mpeg4 ?!

Normally, mplayer itself does the best job on "guessing" what type the
avi is and what codec to use.

So I'd recommend to start with a "stripped down" version of
"mplayer.sh", like:

#!/bin/bash

mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes $*

if this works, you could go and add other functionalities like scaling
and stuff :)

--
with best regards
---