[vdr] Re: Search for "VDR-Tools" to record to DVD-R (DATA-Mode)

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:13:39AM +0200, Axel Gruber wrote:
> Hello ML
>
> Perhaps the one or other of you know that i use a DVD-R Writer (Pioneer A03) to
> store my favorite Movies to DVD-R (in Data-Format)
>

> <Blub about cutting>

> I´m also interested how other People here save ther Movies/Series to DVD-R (DATA-Mode)

For recording i use "Stone OLD" VDR 0.68

With my cutting-Scripts i find the cutting marks. Then i start (my)
"cutall.pl" this programm takes the markes and pipes everything between
a pair of cutting marks through "pva2mpeg". At the end a file (One file
per part of the movie/series = 1 File for Premiere) is written to my
"temp"-Directory. Then i ceck the files and sort the files into the
different directorys. When a directory has enough size then i create an
ISO-Image and burn it.

e.g. This 2 files are currently in "temp/DS9"
-rw-r--r--    1 ms       users    911118336 Aug 30 20:05 DS9 - 3-057 - "Gefangen in der Vergangenheit - Teil 1".mpg
-rw-r--r--    1 ms       users    936876032 Sep  2 20:02 DS9 - 3-058 - "Gefangen in der Vergangenheit - Teil 2".mpg

This parts are "manual"

- Selecting Cuttring-marks
- Starting "cutall" (This also takes the "title(s)/subtitle(s)" and adds (it/them) to the "done"-list)
- Verifying that everthing went correct. (Checking VDR-Logfile for errors, checking the file via "xine", checking the output of "pva2mpeg" for errors)
- If everything is OK i move the file to the correspoing temp-DIR. Otherwise i "undone" it so master-timer will record it again (/don't remove the already programmed timers)
- If everything is OK part 2. I start master-timer so that programmed timers that got "done" are removed.
- If directory is "full" doing "mkimg <dir>" and starting the burning-process. (Including opening the tray and placing the DVD-R into the drive <g>)

The whole procedure is (for my needs) "failsafe". :-)

Bis denn