[vdr] Re: LNB sharing in 1.1.x ?

Ronald Steininger wrote:

> Hi list,
>
>  I'm using VDR 1.1.8 for a few days now and it seems to be almost
>  ready for every-day use, but: I really miss something like the
>  LNB-sharing-patch in the AIO. Are there plans to make a patch/plugin
>  against 1.1.x or implement it in the main program?

If I understand this correctly the "LNB sharing patch" is meant for
systems that have only one LNB, but several DVB cards. So if one
recording is going on, the rest of the cards are limited to the
polarization and frequency range (high or low) defined by the DVB card
that is currently recording - is that about right? Sorry, I've never looked
into that patch since my system has a separate cable for each DVB
card, connected to the LBN via a multiswitch.

With the modifications I have recently made for allowing simultaneous
recording and replay with only one DVB card (which I hope to be able to
finish and release over the weekend) I believe it should be easy to
implement such a feature in the main VDR program. Just let me know if
the above description of what's supposed to happen is correct and I'll
see what I can do.

Klaus