[vdr] -s and -t options - automatic vdr startup at boot time

Hi. I want to keep order on my system which for now starts runvdr& from
rc.local at boot time.

However I've never managed to apply a successfull -s option: I know it
works if I use nvram-wakeup, but I'd like to understand how to use it
directly (*). if I provide a -s halt (or poweroff, or reboot) option it
wont work because of the parameters automatically passed by vdr. Do I
need a script anyway?

Another problem is to use the -t option: for now vdr starts and
screws-up the first tty. If I put -t tty8 for example, I'm not able to
switch to that console pressing alt+F8. Any hints?

bye, thank you, and sorry for the silly questions!
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index