[vdr] Re: Reliable DVB-Driver

Hi,

On Monday 09 September 2002 03:52, Thomas Keil wrote:
> On Friday, I somehow (in connection with cut&paste) managed to "rpm -e
> *" my system.

might i suggest that use 'rm -rf .* ' next time, it's faster and does the same
job *g*

> I used this occasion to renew my system to a RedHat 7.3, but
> unfortunately since then I had around seven ARM-crashes (which I haven't
> had for months before...).

ARM crashes should only be related to firmware problems (or maybe
overheating). They shouldn't be relate to you distri, anyhow RedHat uses a
"strange" gcc version which might or might contribute to driver problems.

I have been running a NEWSTRUCT driver directly checked out from cvs for the
last few day without ARM crashes or any other problems on a DVB-s 1.3

The drivers that Klaus provides on his page are generaly also quite stable and
tested.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index