[vdr] Re: cpu cooling

I've bought my heat pipes in Germany at http://www.alutronic.de/
I'm building a fanless..umm not quite, the PSU still uses a fan
but it makes less noise then harddisk/DVD do....aluminium chassis.

The sides are two huge ribbed heatsinks (300x150x40mm)
Plates are 3mm thick, front 6mm thick and there are many ventilation
holes drilled in the top above the tuner.

The heatpipe is a copper tube with a cery tin wall.
A good tube has a copper mesh inside the tube and tha cooling
liquid may be anything with a low vaporizing temperature.
It can compete with fan cooled systems but it's far more difficult
to reach it.

A heat pipe can be used horizontal too but you have to define that
during the ordering.
They are most used in space ..yes sattelites... and many laptops have it
now.

>Am Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 13:24 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi. for now I use my main workstation as a vdr computer; it's liquid
>> cooled so the noise is 0. I'm going to put a less powerful machine
>> theer in the future: I could put a tiny watercooling system but at
the
>> meeting this august I've heard something about pipe heat cooler. how
>> is it and where can I take one?
>>
>> thank you bye
>> as

>Well for all I know it's a device with a liquid inside which get heated
up
>then moves upwards then cools down and moves down again. I think some
>consumer audio amplifiers have them inside, so you you might get them
in
>those stores as spare parts.

>Servus
>  Casandro