[vdr] Suggestion how to check overlapping timers ...

Hi,

I've thought about a solution and I have a suggestion:

First, we have to store how many recordings can a done on the card
for each DVB-card (e.g. int dvbNmaxrecord=8) and how many recordings
are possible by the system (e.g. int systemmaxrecord=5) depending on
it's performance (values can be set by OSD, btw. dvbNmaxrecord
can be hardcoded for all DVB-card-types)

When a new timer-entry is created, VDR has to do the following checks:

1st) Are there more timers at the same time than specified in "int
systemmaxrecord"?
        If yes, display "To much recordings at the same time! scheduled"
        and mark them for user interaction.

2nd) Are there more transponders to be recorded than DVB-cards available
        (including ca.conf parameters)?
        If yes, display "More transponders to be recorded than DVB-cards
available"
        and mark the timer-entries depending on their transponders
        (e.g. different colour-buttons for each transponder)

3rd) Are there more recordings on a transponder than a DVB-card has
        specified in it's "int dvbNmaxrecord="?
        If yes assume using additional DVB-card repeating 2nd) step.

Did I forget any use cases?

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index