[vdr] Re: vdr to divx- or (s)vcd-conversion! Questions and suggestions

Hi,

>Does a _real_ Howto exist regarding this topic?

AFAIK there isn't any howto available. However, I agree that there should
be.

One problem that I frequently encounter although I've fiddled with divx for
a while is to choose correct parameters for encoding. Ideally one would have
a set of parameters to choose from when encoding so one could easily get a
(possibly sub) optimum quility given the output size (output bitrate)
wanted.

This shouldn't be any big deal since the source format should be just about
the same for all channels or at least sets of channels. All channels I can
receive in my cable system does use the same format and just about the sam
encoding bitrates.

Or am I completely out in the blue?

So... what parameters do people use?

Best regards