[vdr] Re: VideoText problem ( not Teletext )

Helmut Auer wrote:
> There is a small problem with videotext:
> When I switch e.g. from SAT1 to ARD and I look at the videotext pages
> with my TV ( not with the teletext patch ),
> all empty lines from a page are showing the contents of the
> corresponding line on the same page of SAT1.
> I think this problem exists all the time I'm using VDR ( 1.0.0 til
> 1.0.2 now ).

I noticed the same problem. IMHO it is caused by the videotext decoder
of the TV set and has nothing to to with VDR or the driver.
Try the following when you see a 'mixed' videotext page: Switch your TV
set (not VDR!) to another channel, then switch back. When the videotext
page is received again it will be displayed ok. Right?

Whenever you switch channels on your *TV set*, the videotext circuits
are initialized. But when you switch channels in VDR (or video recorder
or analogue SAT receiver or whatever is connected to the AV input), the
TV doesn't detect the channel change and the videotext buffer will not
be cleared...
There are more funny effects: When you press the key for the
previous/next page you may get unexpected results (wrong page)
etc etc.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index