Von: Micha [mailto:mt@thalmann.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. September 2002 10:39
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: Allwell Set-Top-Box ordering

am 18.09.2002 7:24 Uhr schrieb Steffen Koch unter
Steffen.Koch@koch-enterprises.de:

> The problem with the allwell products is, that they have only 2 pci
> slots which are horizontally aligned. not to good for the rev1.3 card
> because of the heat...

Why not 'upgrade' to the Rev 2.1 card? I'm putting the 1.3 card into my main
linux/windows machine and buying a Hauppauge for the vdr-only box.
Concerning price: getting 2 silent fans and a really silent powersupply for
a big machine will exceed the costs of another dvb-card.... I know, this
comparison seems a bit foolish, so don't comment on that  ;-).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index