[vdr] Idea about using vdr without hardware mpeg2 decoder

Hi

Since I belong to the people who own a DVB card without TV out due to the
fact that I'd prefer to use the TV out of my graphic card I thought a bit
about the problem.
I've just tested that a cat somefile | mplayer - works, so I wonder why there
isn't a plugin that just takes the MPEG 2 stream of vdr an pipes it to
mplayer. Real recording should be as simple as writing the data into a file
first and writing it to stdout second. I guess it wouldn't be possible to
insert OSD in this case but using kvdr this shouldn't be that much of a
problem.
Am I missing some problems here?

Bye David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index