[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Another question about conversion

> Von: Luca Merega [mailto:lmerega@email.it]
> Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 18. September 2002 13:15
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: AW: Another question about conversion

afaik the PS from pvas schould play with the usual softwareplayers under windows, the problems i spoke about are more on standalone players
muxing means "no recompression" (transcoding)

> >-with a hardware mpeg2-transcoder (only windows soft)
> >i convert it to the format i need (realtime or faster, joblist)
>
> Second question: I have also a DXR3 card which is surely an MPEG
> decoder... Perhaprs also encoder.
> Can u suggest me any software to use with my DXR3 to accelerate encoding?

dx3 is only a decoder

> I often use DVD2SVCD to convert to MPEG2 format using Cinema Craft
> Encoder. Perhaps with a software that uses hardware it would be much
> faster.
if you have a 2GHz P4 the CCE will be fast, in the new version of my vidac-mpeg2 encoder card there is adobe-premiere plugin that can be used with FlaskMpeg/Xmpeg
the encoding speed is not THAT impressive, i.e. 50fps for a 480x576 trancoding only changing the datarate to SVCD compliance, or 25fps for 720x576 to SVCD

Home | Main Index | Thread Index