[vdr] Re: Neutrino Stream catching ?

Juergen Sauer wrote:
> Neutrino is the nickname for the Linux replacement OS and application in a
> Premiere Pay TV box of Kirch media.
>
> It is easy possible to 'stream' sideodata from such a PayTV Box over
> Ethernet TCP/IP, the dbox2 takes a job of streaming server.
>
> My suggestion is to implement an plugin/addition/patch (or what ever),
> which sees the settop box 'dbox2' running under 'Neutrino' as additional
> 'DVB-s' Card.

This is a great idea!

And for the main VDR machine, one could use an X box.
That should be a really great package!

As most of you know, Microsoft looses about $150 on each X box sold.
They are selling them below cost for various reasons (kick the competition
out of the market, as usual, get the product going, so they can make tons
of money with the games, etc.).
So the X box is excellent value for money and it would be perfect VDR
hardware once it has a dbox2 networked to it that can receive DVB-S.

As most of you also know, Linux for the X box is working already, so
the VDR should run on it with the appropriate plugins for X box TV out,
etc.

How much is a dbox2 right now?
How much would the total package cost?
Will all this be doable at all?