[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] lockups with NEWSTRUCT

In the new year, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > Holger Waechtler wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks, for spotting this out!
>
> But unfortunately with this the dropouts are back again. Well, maybe this is
> a hint for you, Holger, anyway. It would explain why the problem only occurs
> when VDR is running, and not when only the driver is loaded.
>
> Maybe there's even another problem in the eit.c code, so something would have
> to be done differently with the NEWSTRUCT driver. Any hints here would be greatly
> appreciated.

I will try ensuring nobody can set section filters and see if I still get
a hard lockup within 15 or 20 minutes.  I like EPG, so I may try to
determine if it is the EPG doing it or time of day or whatever those other
ones do.

I have ran the NEWSTRUCT displaying channels for hours today (not running
vdr) and the machine hasn't locked up.

Maybe it's only when there's one filter running it works, or maybe if you
have multiple filters going in that poll loop.  If we think it's centred
around this section filter stuff I'll dig a little deeper.

_J

Home | Main Index | Thread Index