[vdr] good source for channels.conf (was: split up channels.conf)

Christian Rienecker wrote:
> I was searching the internet yesterday for a descend channels.conf for
> astra, since the default one misses appx. 5 channels of the 56 german
> astra FTA channels :-(

Hi Christian,

try using
http://www.dxandy.de/

under "Create your personal DVB-2000 setting"
(or go directly to http://www.dxandy.de/cgi-bin/dvbchan.pl)
you can choose all the sat's and bouquets (markers) you want and different to
the meaning of DVB-2000-format you can choose "Linux VDR 0.7x"
as the output format.
Don't hesitate about this "0.7x" it runs fine with my 1.0.4.
The only problem is: there is no CA configuration, so if you want to use
encrypted channels you have to look over the file again...
(and you have to delete the 3 end-markers otherwise vdr crashes
if you choose one of it inadvertently!)
If I choose all markers for Astra and Hotbird I have actually
1099 TV and radio channels...
As far as I can see, entries are very up-to-date

On the same page Andy says:
"A new XML-based channellist for the software we're developing that will run on the
DBOX-2 and the DVB-S is currently being developed.
There will also be an open mySQL settings-database then."

I think it's a intention we should support because it's very usefull (IMHO)...

Uwe Weissbach

Home | Main Index | Thread Index