[vdr] Re: Diseqc Patch WAS Re: Re: Some questions aboutplugin-features of vdr-developer... (fwd)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >hello,
> >hu somone really managed to us my awfull bit of code :-)
> >(i myselve copied som of this from an other guy)
>
> Yes, you where the culprit ;o)), I meant. I sent Klaus a
> copy of the file, so that he can analyse it. I hope you
> don`t mind.

thats ok

> >klaus you are right, by definition a dvb-s cart is not able
> >to do Diseqc 1.2 because t lacks outputpower. but it can
> >generate the signals.
>
> It seems to work for people using WatchTVPro, so I guess
> the card "should" be able to generate the right codes. I assume
> the motor commands are PCM modulated on the LNB line.
>
> >actually i dont know if the card does it all right, or my motor
> >was out of order, becaus somtimes i have to switch off my pc
>
> Probably the card couldn't supply enough current. I haven`t
> found any specs as to what the FSC card are (supposedly)
> able to supply. As the LNB needs 13V and 18V, I guess DVB
> cards have a bucking step-up voltage convertor on board (13V
> & 18V are non standard computer voltages). I have read that
> some of the newer cards aren't able to supply the necessary
> current (WatchTV forum). My Stab max current is 350mA
> (startup) and while moving ~~200mA.
>
> >to get my motor move again.
>
> If the motor codes become garbeld or if you have a LNB preamp
> installed (was a problem which I was fighting a while back on my
> Nokia 9902), the motor will become confused and stop working
> properly.

i had an lnb preamp :-(

> >(i used an additional power source)
>
> Hmm, thatīs interesting. How did you connect the power source?
> (I`m assuming you used a single cable solution from receiver to
> motor to LNB)

there are three ways:
1. take a dual lnb and find out witch output consumes less power.
take this to conect to the motor. the other gets its power direct
from your second dvb-s card :-)
(in my case this helps to save 100mA)

2. take a infrared controled disec generator, and throw the
remote away. the disec signals come from your dvb-s card, the
power from the disec generator. (a frind of mine does this with
a normal receiver, because of lacking output power too)

3. (not testet by me) spaun has a signal regenerator

> Do you or anyone know if there is a diseqc 1.2 interface, which
> can be controlled via RS-232? A DIY solution would be
> okay, too

i only know a diseqc 1.2 interface witch is controled by the normal
positioning device you find in normal sat receivers

> Where did you get your info on progging the Diseqc motor?
> I have googled around, but turned up nothing other than
> Eutelsats commercial pdf (just examples of diseqc usage no
> "internal" infos, which I would need for programming).

i get inspired by an other guy, but finaly i get the specification
from eutelsat on their hompage
http://www.eutelsat.com/fr/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/associated%20docs/positioner_appli_notice.pdf

> Greetz,
> Reinhard