[vdr] Re: Start script hangs my PC

Mhhh, i have a similar script (much simpler - no stop/start/... functions -
just for loading) and only difference i can see is that i used pushd / popd
to restore the original working directory of the script after the call of
./runvdr &
Maybe this could be a problem !?

Otherwise try to add some echo for debugging behind the ./runvdr - maybe it
got stuck in ./runvdr ?

Which runlevel did you use to trigger your script ?
I used rc3.d (RUNLEVEL 3 - i have no X running) and as last service S99 -
maybe runvdr or something relies on any other service - so starting it as
last service may be a good idea ..

Try to track down the problem by commenting out the vdradmin stuff - maybe
this one hangs ?

I hope one of those can help you !?

Martin

> I forgot the script...
>
> case $1 in
>
>         start)
>                 #cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
>                 #/usr/bin/make insmod
>                 cd /usr/src/vdradmin-0.11
>                 ./vdradmind.pl
>                 cd /usr/src/VDR
>                 ./runvdr &
>                 # make sure you don't use the "-d" option for vdr in the
> runvdr-script or this will probably not work
>                 ;;
>         stop)
>                 killall vdr vdradmind.pl runvdr
>                 sleep 5
>                 cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
>                 /usr/bin/make rmmod
>                 ;;
>         restart)
>                 /etc/init.d/vdr stop
>                 /etc/init.d/vdr start
>                 ;;
>         reload)
>                 /etc/init.d/vdr stop
>                 cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
>                 /usr/bin/make insmod
>                 ;;
>         *)
>                 echo "usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload}"
>                 ;;
> esac
>
> Bye
>
> Luca