[vdr] Re: Start script hangs my PC

For me this simple S99 Script (for Runlevel 3) works - please note : no START
/ STOP stuff, so its quite UN-Unix ;-)
However when only used for S99 and NOT for K99 then it runs fine :-) It gets
killed anyway when rebooting :-) (Sorry i was just too lazy to implement it
proper !)

#!/bin/sh
echo Starting TV ...
echo Step1 - Starting LIRC Daemon
/usr/local/sbin/lircd
echo Step2 - Starting VDR and Drivers
cd /home/martin/VDR
./runvdr &
cd /

Try this !
Maybe its the cd / below !?
And my runvdr is basically the standard runvdr WITHOUT -d , of course !
Basically some changes for mplayer starting and some logging into log file for
restarts but this does not matter - it DID work with the original runvdr,
too!

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index