[vdr] Re: 5.1 digital sound card

>> Really not, I have the fucking Winfast 6x (newer and supposed
>> better model than 4x one) that uses CMI 8738 (looking for "winfast
>> 6x chip" in http://www.google.com) and it don't support 5.1
>> throught optical output

> I have a winfast 6x, and it works. That means: Analog in/out is ok
> and digital/optical works both as stereo out and as ac3 out. You
> have to fiddle a little bit with alsamixer turning the right options
> on. I'm using alsa 0.9 rc2.
> Unmuted is: Master, PCM, Synth, Line
> Activated is: IEC958 5V, IEC 958 Copyright, IEC958 In Monitor,
> IEC958 In
> Valid, IEC958 Loop, IEC958 Output, Exchange DAC
> The DVB Digitalout is connected to the Digital in of the Winfast -
> you have to ensure correct polarization - and vdr is started with
> the -a /usr/local/bin/ac3dec option.
> As there is a lot you can do wrong I recommend
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/index.html.

I haven't a DVR and I don't understand very well the english of that
web page (I am spanish).

I am desperate and almost getting crazy about it... XDDD

I just want it:

A 5.1 digital (really digital 5.1, not analog 5.1. 5 independant
speakers and 1 subwoofer, not emulated with Prologic or wathever)
sound card well supported in Linux and Windows. And it can't be
Creative because they use a non-standard signal in digital channels.
They send three data channels (normally one) by digital output and
ONLY Creative speakers could decodificate that strange signal...

I have published two nes in http://www.barrapunto.com about creative
non standard conections and about 5.1 digital sound cards in linux. I
have writed to Cirus Logic, Hercules, Leadtek, Terratec, Cmedia, read
Creative forums, seen hundreds of webs and before this message i have
just writed to Zoltrix (http.//www.zoltrix.com)asking about his two
5.1 soundcards (they say that are supported by linux and that they are
digital 5.1 real using CMedia CMI-8738/6CH-MX and CMI-8738/6CH-LX)

Please help me. Thank you just for reading me ;) and thank you very
much Carsten ;)

PD: I am going to write to ALSA developers just now...

        Bye: Malkavian (MHVSS) :[
President of LinUxers Group from Bizkaia (GLUB)         http://glub.ehu.es
Hackers Venezuela (Hven): The information is power.     www.hven.com.ve
KyM: The Malkavian's webpage: H/P/V/C, role-pplaying, irc... WORKING ON...
Gnu, Gnat, Camel, Penguin, Bat, cat, mutt, lynx, bison, yacc, dog... Save the animals. Use free software.
In a world whitout limits or frontiers what do we wanna have Gates or Windows for. (President of Sun Microsystems)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index