[vdr] Re: 5.1 digital sound card

am 28.09.2002 11:29 Uhr schrieb Malkavian (MHVSS) :[ unter
eiaorcoj@xa.lg.ehu.es:

> Thank You but CMI8738 Chip is used in Winfast 6x and it support either
> analogic 5.1 or digital 2.0 but not digital 5.1.

As I said before, the winfast 6x works. It does output ac3 5.1 from vdr and
dvd in linux and win. Perhaps you expect that the soundcard can create an
ac3 stream from scratch - that doesn't work yet - neither in win nor in
linux from any card. The only hardware that potentially support this is the
nvidea dolby digital chipset in some athlon mainboards.

In my opinion the winfast 6x offers a very cheap ( ca 40,- euro) way of
getting digital in and out with optical and electrical ports.

Micha