[vdr] Re: recording dirs

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Steffen Barszus wrote:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>>I just want suggest that data-holding in directory-names isn't a good idea.
>>There are a lot of special characters in directory names that could cause
>>problems in the further processing.
>>

>As I wrote in an other thread, just make sure you aleays enclose the name
>with single quotes.

Couldn't you implement something that does this automagically?

The EPG once broadcasted the name "9 1/2 Wochen", which resulted in an
additional subdirectory.

OK, it still worked, and if I would have payed attention this wouldn't
have happened, but since you escape spaces and stuff, why not other
"dangerous" characters, too?

Thomas