[vdr] Re: vdr 1.1.X and mencoder

Mhh, i guess there are several attempts to solve this:

(1) one could change mencoder source the way, that it always uses MPEG
Demuxer, thus maybe no backward seeking in the stream is needed !

(2) Maybe we could use some kind of buffering for the pipe: cat *.vdr | buffer
| mencoder - but i'm not really sure, if mencoder can seek back within the
size of the buffer - since it's still a pipe :-)

(3) If the problem is that the source stream always has to start with an
i-frame to make mencoder "happy", maybe we could create a fifo and then make
a little program that reads as many bytes from this fifo, until the i frame
starts, then gives this fifo to mencoder (so, no back seeking needed!):
cat *.vdr | i-frame_seeker | mencoder

(4) Always Cut the recordiung before conversion ...

So, i guess (3) is the most useful method, if one knows how to write such a
little tool !

Some comments, please !

Martin