[vdr] Re: DVB-C, digital signal in cable?

Believe it or not:
TV-Stations have to pay the cable provider in order to get into the cable.
This is the same with sat-transponders, but the featured difference is that the customer has to pay for the cable service, too.

This discussion comes up every now and then (search the mailing list).
Someone actually called them to ask, but has had little result.
In short:
"The private channels like RTL, SAT1, ... will provide DVB-cable services !
 The law forces them to do so by the year 2010."

Well, you can read between the lines.

DVB-S is heavily supported because it increses the reception quality and hence the acceptance of satellite reception.

I have been using DVB-C for the last 18 month but stopped doing so about 2 weeks ago.
Cable has two huge disadvantages compared to satellite:
1. It's too expensive.
2. Buying DVB-C stuff is risky because the future is still moving.

Try DVB-C with Primacom.....

CU,
Christian.