[vdr] Re: AW: recording just audio signal

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" schrieb:

> The feature you are looking for is already there.
> Just record the station you are interested in wiyh vdr and do:
>
> "cat 001.vdr | pes2aud_es > 001.mp2"
>
> You'll get a nice MP2-file that almost every player can play.
> Of course you can convert it to MP3 if you want to (e.g. using lame).
>
> The last thing you need is a cutting tool. Actually, the MP2-file can be cut
> with dd but that's highly uncomfortable. Cutting MP3 requires a tool that
> knows about the structure of the file. There are numerous, but most of them
> are shareware for Windows.
>
> Cu,
> Christian.

Thanxs for the Information.
But is it possible to record only the audio signal - would save Space on
Disk than recording the Video and then converting it. But on the other
Hand ou have to watch the the Video on MTV to know the name of the song.
:-)
what shells - I just have used some percent of my 80GB Disc.

http://www.8ung.at/mmax

Thanxs,
Max

Markus Manninger