[vdr] Re: HDD access every 30 secs? (Slightly OT)

Hi Christof,
i don't think, that it is critical for the lifetime of a hdd, if it is
accessed ... the device is constructed to be used ;)

More critical it would be, if the hdd would be send to power saving modes
and must spin up severall times. This would stress the motor. By this reason
the lifetime of an hdd is specified by power cycle events on severall
disks...

cu,
Oliver