[vdr] How to setup a 2 card system (a full-featured and a low-budged card)

Hello,
i try to set up a vdr system with two dvb-cards.
 (a full featured and a low budged card)
I only have one dish and want to use the
two card system for timeshifting or recording
while watching a film from hdd.
The 2 cards are found by vdr (var/log/messages).
If i connect the sat-cable to the low-budget card
there is no picture on tv. (I thought this is the right way)
If i connect it to the full-featured card i see ntv.
What changes have to be made in the conf files?
How to configure which card is first and which one is the second?
And does it matter which one is first or second?

Also, at the moment my lirc remoted doesn't work.
I get the message: /dev/lircd: Connection refused

I hope you can help,
thanks a lot in advance,
Harry