[vdr] Re: AW: recording just audio signal

Markus Manninger wrote:
> a.schinkel@vosschemie.de schrieb:
>
>>good question
>>
>>and what if one wants to convert only the audio signal to mp3?
>>(like i would like to do with dvb-radiostns)
>>

> Thats exactly what i want.
> recording radio stations, cutting out the songs and convert them to
> mp3s.

me 2!
(but i probably won't convert it since this process will reduce quality.)
do you know if there is a way to recode without conversion?

> by the way - does anyone know a good programm under linux for cutting
> music.

short answer: no

but there are at least two programms which promise to do this. both do
frame-level cutting, which i think is important (no quality loss)

1. mpcut:
I never got this one to work. Should have a GTK+ GUI

2. mp3asm
No GUI. You need to get frame numbers from the output of mpg123 -k. hard
to use but works.

could you please keep me updated, when you find out more?

Christoph